02 - 27. 02. 2010 г.
XIX INTERNATIONAL ROUND TABLE
THE WORLDS OF THE BALKAN STREET
The street in the modernization projects on the Balkans. The functions of the public space.
The street as a space of political jargons, gestures, practices. The street and the social change.
Anthropology of the Balkan street: street walkers, street children, street criminals.
The commercialization of the present society and street:
- advertising, window-shops, market place;
- culture for selling, mass society and mass culture;
- body culture, street sports;
- communication and misunderstanding;
- underground as an alternative to the mass culture.
The language of the street and the street jargons.
The poetics of the Balkan street; the street as a metaphor in the Balkan literature.
The history of the Balkan street – diachronic and synchronic dimensions:
- the rural and the urban;
- foreigners, emigrants, and strangers;
- European and Oriental;
- official and underground.